Fixing intractable CRM Workflow errors

21May10

I was having issues adding a custom workflow activity to one of my workflows today, and everything seemed right but I still was seeing an error in the CRM trace output when adding the activity to a new workflow.

[2010-05-21 10:49:35.3] Process: w3wp |Organization:11a5abbd-36aa-de11-8729-00155d00050c |Thread:   25 |Category: Application |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Error | ErrorInformation.LogError
>MSCRM Error Report:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error: Field 'Altai.Workflow.ContractActivity.FtpPasswordProperty' not found.

I checked and double checked and that field is certainly there. I used Reflector to check the code in the actual assembly.

Finally, I renamed the assembly and reimported and the error was resolved. Apparently there is some caching going on behind the scenes that was the root of my issue.

Advertisements


No Responses Yet to “Fixing intractable CRM Workflow errors”

  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: